The Senior Analyst is responsible for the analytical work in support of new business development and transaction execution.
Senior Analysts will support execution of a variety of investment banking and advisory assignments including airline/aviation company restructuring, sell-side and buy-side M&A and divestitures, equity and equity-linked capital raising, debt capital raising and evaluation of strategic alternatives.
Seabury International Corporate Finance believes in staffing deals with smaller teams. This structure creates a strong platform for Senior Analysts to learn airline restructuring and investment banking and assume high levels of responsibility at early stages of their careers. As part of the team, Senior Analysts will work on transactions that provide exposure to various clients in the Airline/Aviation industry and will develop skill sets in key areas, including financial analysis, business planning, financial projections, fleet analysis, industry research, valuation, benchmarking analysis, business strategy and client communication.
The environment at Seabury Capital Group is collegial and entrepreneurial.
Principle Areas of Responsibility and Accountability
- Creation of financial analyses (build business plan, financial models, valuation analyses, fleet analysis, merger modeling, financing solutions etc.) under the direct supervision of Associates, VPs and MDs
- Preparation of presentation and other materials for both internal and external purposes (pitch development, restructuring proposals, information memorandums, teasers, management presentations investment memorandums, etc.)
- Maintenance of M&A precedent transactions and publicly traded comparable databases; organization of electronic files and virtual data rooms and management of administrative tasks to support transaction processes
- Preparation of airline/aviation industry research and analysis
- Interaction with client’s management or investment teams
- Execution of other responsibilities and projects as assigned
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Excellent analytical ability including demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) relating to the airline industry and related aviation businesses.
- Professional maturity and experience to interact with senior stakeholders
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Resourceful self-starter; ability to work autonomously and be a team player
- Critical thinker who can quickly and accurately evaluate and analyze complex financial, operational and industry data
- Willingness to travel
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- A career-motivated professional who is self-confident, energetic, and possesses a superb work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance preferred
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of investment banking, accounting, airline finance or private equity experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with the aviation industry is beneficial, although not required
Seabury Capital Group and its subsidiaries are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.